xp wont defrag

timerep 16:58 27 Apr 05

hello again, windows xp wont defrag its stuck on 1% after best part of an hour. all was going untill the pc updated itself from the windows update site and now it wont play at all, I am just updating the machine to sp2 but I somehow dont think it will do any better any ideas guys?

Aspman 17:21 27 Apr 05

Try it in safe mode.

Tap F8 during boot.

sinbad1 17:22 27 Apr 05
  Arnie 17:53 27 Apr 05

At $259! there must be a simpler way.

slimbo51 19:03 27 Apr 05

Try Defrag in command mode...

Open a dos command window and then type at the prompt:

defrag c: /-a (Note space after :) This should give you info on frag state.

To do the defrag change the -a to -v

Change the c drive to d or whatever drives you want either info on or to do the defrag.

slimbo51 19:09 27 Apr 05

Should have said Windows command mode.

timerep 19:14 27 Apr 05

thanks guys

smy13 20:04 27 Apr 05

Might want to try this click here Best £20 I've ever spent on software, their customer service is second to none; it will defrag your drive in less than 15mins. Has a “set it and forget it” option which runs in the background which you can customise to run as you see fit, plus you can trial it free for a bit, give it ago

CurlyWhirly 15:31 28 Apr 05

I agree with smy13, I bought the registered version of DiskKeeper 9 around 8 months ago and it is worth every penny.
I downloaded it as a fully functional FREE trial and liked it so much I bought the full version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…