XP won't boot with new Radeon9600 Video Card

Attilla_the_bun 20:47 18 Jan 06

I can't work this one out. I built a machine for a friend-120Gb WD SATA-Asus A7V880 mobo-2Gb RAM and a PNY GEForce card that they had already bought. All was well but they decided soon after to have a better card,I supplied and installed a RADEON9600 Atlantis and now the machine gets through POST and stops with an error message saying Windows cannot load, reinsert the old card and voila XP boots and all is fine. The RADEON is a good card, its fine in my home made PC. Any Ideas ????

Thalmus 21:49 18 Jan 06

try repeatly pressing F8 to get into the boot menu, if it appears boot into VGA mode, then install the drivers for your new card

Totally-braindead 22:58 18 Jan 06

It could be a conflict between the Nvidia drivers and the ATI ones. I had a problem when I went from a GeForce card to a Radeon one. There is a program to remove all traces of the old drivers before installing the new ones and this may cure it, unfortunatly I can't remember what its called. But someone on the Forum will surely know and provide a link.

Mr Beeline 23:05 18 Jan 06

The program is called Driver Cleaner Pro.

I suspect the problem is as hinted at by Totally-braindead and that is a "driver conflict".

See click here

Good luck.

NB. Please follow the instructions "exactly" as instructed in the HELP for DCpro.

PS. From personal experience I would not recommend running the cab cleaner element of this program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017