XP Windows Updates causing Problems

Amazon 08:35 18 Aug 03

Hi,
Just subscribed to this and my first question is:-

Has anyone had any problems with downloading and
installing some Critical Updates from Windows Update Page, particularly
Q329441
One of these causes my Windows Explorer or Task Manager to freeze when a folder is right clicked.
I am running Windows XP Home

Any ideas anyone?

Amazon

puzzle 16:33 01 Sep 03

i am having the same problem with the same updates. anybody any help please, these are critical security updates. my only thought is that the patch i have recently installed to sort out the blaster worm may have included these updates but no one has told windows update?

JIM 16:48 01 Sep 03

On what you say so far,as they are all listed in the add.remove programs list,i suggest that you uninstall one at a time to see which one may cause the problem.

They can all be installed again by using the windows update.May be usefull to make a restore point that you can go back to first. Remember to re-boot on each uninstall

happy dragon 18:44 01 Sep 03

before you install any patches or worm removers virus removers etc turn off system restore . click start,right click my computer then click properties click the system restore tab select turn off system restore check the box.you must be logged on as administrator to do this if not you could be backing the virus or worm up and reinstalling it when virus or worm is removed turn on system restore again . all restore points once system restore is switched off will be lost for good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced