XP and Windows 7 Dual Boot

Aaron-188486 23:05 16 Nov 09

When the RC version of Windows 7 came out I installed it on my test machine that was preloaded with XP. I used the option to partition XP just in case. XP was placed on the second drive (E: which is 2gb) and 7 was installed on my main drive (C: which is 36gb) I have removed the windows 7 OS however the system files for XP is on the smaller drive, so now I am unable to update and download etc... as the hard drive is so small. Is there anyway I can make C: drive the primary drive again or merge the two. unfortunately i do not have the factory disc for XP so I am unable to reinstall unless you good people have an easy way of doing this?

skeletal 10:42 17 Nov 09

You need disc partitioning software:

click here

I was lucky enough to get Partition Manager free on a magazine cover disc some time ago (one of the very rare occasions I’ve used a cover disc).

I have also use Power Quest Partition Magic, but this failed recently when I tried to partition a large drive (I don’t know why). The Paragon software “undid” the wrecking and successfully completed the partition.

There may be other free stuff; perhaps others could advise.

There is always the small risk that any partitioning software could "wreck" the disc, so make a backup of important stuff first. In your case, such a disaster would also mean you would, potentially, lose XP as well.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now