XP will not load

Galahaduk 21:38 11 Nov 03

My Sis, is having problems with XP. Everytime she starts puter XP starts to load then after a short time a blue screen appears with white writing for about half a second then puter reboots.... and so on and so on.... has she got a virus ? Does she need to clean boot, and load everything again? any solutions would be great thank you...

VoG II 21:41 11 Nov 03

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under "Startup & Recovery" click Settings. Under "System Failure" untick the box in front of "Automatically restart".

This will allow her to see exactly what the "white writing" says. Please post back EXACTLY what it says and I'm sure somebody can help.

Galahaduk 21:48 11 Nov 03

Hi VoG. Unfortunately cant even get as far as loading ANY icons on the desktop. Nothing loads not even in safemode.

VoG II 21:53 11 Nov 03

click here is one possibility

Or an "over the top" reinstallation click here

Galahaduk 22:06 11 Nov 03

Hi VoG thanks for that... will pass onto sis and hopefully that will sort it ...

Galahaduk 18:06 13 Nov 03

Hi VoG Yep that sorted it out thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…