Xp Will Not Boot

bob's 09:57 24 Apr 08

Last night i turned off my computer a Hp 7580 Media Center and when i returned a few hours later and tried to start it it would not boot even in safe mode. On starting up it booted by the splash screen and went as far as hp administrator which you click on to log in your password.When i clicked on hp administrator it did not change to the box to type in your password so i turned off the power and since that it will not pass the windows xp splash screen,it just restarts again.Hope this makes sense to someone

PO79 10:24 24 Apr 08

click here and try a system restore from command prompt.

bob's 22:32 24 Apr 08

I followed your link and it will not boot into safe mode with command prompt.I disabled auto start and when i get to the blue screen it says unmountable boot volume.I cannot access recovery console either as i get a blue screen there as well

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:57 24 Apr 08
  xania 11:28 25 Apr 08

Alternatively, F8 will also give you the option of loading Use Last Known Good Configuration. You may also find this article of interest

click here

crosstrainer 11:32 25 Apr 08

If the other suggestions fail...Change the boot sequence in your BIOS (usually by tapping the DEL key on boot up)

Change first boot device from HDD to CD

Insert your XP CD

Do a REPAIR (not a re-install) installation.

Be very careful that you choose the correct option...If you re-install a clean copy, you will lose all your data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5