XP welcome screen

Eagle Eyed Cherry 10:22 25 May 03

I have just moved up to Windows XP, and when I turn my computer on I get the normal welcome screen saying [to begin, click your user name].

Now under my user name it stated 16 unread mail messages. I have read and deleted most of these messages, but yet, I still get this message when I sart my machine.

As anybody got an idea how to correct this.

Thank-you.

bvw in bristol 10:45 25 May 03

The unread-email message counter that appears on the XP Welcome screen
can sometimes indicate that more unread messages exist than the actual number of messages. Although several scenarios can lead to this error, a common example is when another user accesses your machine to check his or her email while you're logged on.
The best way to clear the unread-email counter is to download TweakUI.

click here

Djohn 11:00 25 May 03

Also, some of the e-mails may be associated with one or more other users of the PC, and will need to be read/deleted from there.

The fact you have the welcome screen asking you to log on using your name, indicates you have set it with two or more users.

If it is just you that uses the PC, remove the additional accounts and you will boot straight to the desktop, without the delay of choosing yourself as a user account. Regards. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…