XP Web page icon

slowhand_1000 17:28 21 Jun 04

O/S XP Pro

When looking in folders the webpage files icon shows as the Windows default icon for files it can't associate a program with and not the usual IE 'e' icon on top of a page.

All the webpage icons in Favorites and on the desktop are the correct ones and IE shows as the program to open webpages.

I know it's nothing much but after many years of looking for the 'e' it really is doing my head in.

Cheers

PSF 17:57 21 Jun 04

Download Favorg from click here it will then add Favions to you icons.

PSF 17:58 21 Jun 04

That should say Favicons...

rawprawn 18:01 21 Jun 04

It's a brilliant little program, you can then drag icons from the favourites folder to your desktop and it makes your desktop look good.

slowhand_1000 18:38 21 Jun 04

It's not fav icons that are required. The webpage icon - the Internet Explorer 'e' on top of a page - is not being shown when pages are viewed in folders.

It just seems weird that the icon is viewable as it should be in favs and on my desktop, but not in my folders.

VoG II 19:28 21 Jun 04

Do they open in IE if you double click them?

PSF 19:31 21 Jun 04

If they are shown in your favourites folder, left click the icon in the address bar and drop it at the end of the address, I found I had to drag it twice on mine. The 'e' icon then changes to the favicon.

the other alternative is to use Avant browser, which is a better front end for IE6. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…