Xp wanting a reregister.. more than a yr later?

theDarkness 21:47 09 Jun 08

xp showed a message today saying that because i had made "so many changes" since installation, it now wants me to re-register! Is this normal? Its definately a legit version of xp home ed (includes service pack 2).. after having xp installed for more than a couple of yrs, i have never seen this come up before. I havent installed anything recently, although at the time i was using style xp to change default icons. Cant be bothered reregistering+ wasting a phone bill. i am not connected to the net on that pc. I have the reg number, from the back of the box, but it wants a switching on code. Any1 had this come up b4?

Zeppelyn 21:56 09 Jun 08

Yes XP will periodically check for hardware changes and if significantly different to original install will prompt you to revalidate. Its not a problem, just follow the prompts and to validate and select telephone, its an 0800 number.

theDarkness 22:10 09 Jun 08

ill better do that tomorrow then, as its stating there are 2 days left! I just wasnt sure if it was a legit message as it sounded very general.. im hardly learning very much from a single sentence saying i have made "great changes to my system since installation.."! the version of xp i got with the system back in 2001 never came up with such a message in the form of a single pop up? The version of xp installed at the moment is more up to date with sp2 mind u.. thanks for the reply :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017