XP vs 2000 for gaming

aca 14:18 19 Jan 05

got 9800pro, 512ram 2200 athlon
with Windows 2000

Will Windows 2000 be holding back graphics performance and will XP improve things?

ACOLYTE 14:26 19 Jan 05

What a question,lol personally i think the best gaming platform is 98se,but having said that there are more games out now that will work with xp/2000 so that shouldnt be a problem,as for 2000 holding back the graffix i dont know Xp runs with the 2k NTcore so to speak so they should be about the same.

Muzz_former_aol_employee 15:16 19 Jan 05

I game all the time and have found XP Pro to be the best, though it will depend on your PC spec. Alot of people would strongly disagree, and say that 98se is best then 2K and finally XP.

To be honest to get the best performance with XP you'll need latest graphics card, motherboard and sound card drivers, clean unfragmented harddrive (I find storing games on a second harddrive improves performance) and you could consider using the NTFS filing system.

To be honest XP being the newest product has the most support so there for games as such will be written using that platform in mind. My PC has all the desktop details turned down, I also keep an eye on regedit and msconfig.

Muzz_former_aol_employee 15:18 19 Jan 05

With your spec stick to 2K or 98se, consider a slighty faster CPU and maybe 256mb more ram before trying XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…