XP VOLUME CONTROL

My Creative sound card shows it is installed OK in "Control Panel"," System" "Device Manager" with no conflicts. The sounds and audio devices section shows no audio device fitted and I am unable to locate the appropriate settings to reinstate it. The volume control is missing on the taskbar. I tried to install a new soundcard recently and wondered if I have deleted something trying to fix the problems that this caused. I have since fully reinstalled my original Creative soundcard and this problem has just started.

steven_frost 21:10 03 Jan 05

all you need to do is go into control panel then into sounds and audio devices then tick the box for place volume icon in task bar and your done

I have looked at that option but the window shows "No audio device" in the top of the window and the relevant boxes are greyed out and I am unable to utilise this option.

steven_frost 21:27 03 Jan 05

have removed the old sound card and all the software that went with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…