XP visual change? how do i return?

Mysticnas 02:03 23 Feb 03

Hiya people!

ermm... for some reason my log in and shutdown dialog box has changed to look like it did in Win2K. like when i press crt+alt+del it comes up with a option dialog as it did in Win2k asking me whehter i want to lock PC or change password etc....

I have XP pro. Also another little niggle is that it's started asking me to login everytime i turn on. It never used to ask password. I think i've done the usual thing by telling it not to ask for a password but it still comes up?

anything i can do to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Andÿ 02:11 23 Feb 03

For your logon prob:

Control panel> User accounts> you should now be able to click on 'Change the way users log on and off' Select 'Use the welcome screen'.

For your password prob:

Control panel> User accounts> 'Change an account'> Click on the account> 'Remove my password'.

I hope this helps :o)

Mysticnas 02:17 23 Feb 03

option to remove password.
:o(

temp003 04:31 23 Feb 03

Start, Run, type control userpasswords2 and click OK.

Then you get a "user accounts' applet like the old "users and passwords" control panel applet in w2k.

Untick "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". Click OK and you'll be prompted to enter the username and password you want to log on to automatically every time the computer starts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…