xp, vista or windows 7, please help!

dude20 13:56 07 Jun 09

well basically, i want to buy a laptop, but am unsure which to go with!

this is going to be a laptop for school and alevels and geenral surfing, as i have a desktop for the more heavy stuff!

but basically iw as wondering if i should get one now with vista, get one custom built for xp, or wait until october and get windows7?!

thanks for any replies

and also i am planning on spending 300-400

john bunyan 14:30 07 Jun 09

I have a desktop on XP pro, and an old Laptop still on W98SE. I cannot be bothered with Vista as I see no advantage to me over XP and I also have the MCE version and watch TV in the corner of the screen sometimes.I intend to wait until October or so to get a new laptop with Windows 7, then when I get used to it, switch my desktop to windows 7, by-passing Vista.
Up to you , of course, no doubt others will disagree!

DieSse 14:35 07 Jun 09

Get one with Linux and save all the money you would otherwise have spent on software.

Get vista and if you want Windows 7 use the upgrqade plan micosoft have planned for win 7 I have vista 64bit and had no issues with it .

I got a free program off the net to calm down the UAC which win 7 does anyway Win 7 to me is not much different to Vista anyway and you can get free progams off the net to make vista act like Win 7 anyway...

Go for Vista amd want to at least SP1 comes out for Win 7 to they fix bugs etc..

SP2 just come out for Vista

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5