XP VISTA NETWORK

Cousins 09:21 29 Sep 09

Hi Guys

I am trying to set up a wireless network between my main PC ruining Xp and a lab top ruining vista so that I can print documents . However I seem to be going round in circles running the set up wizards . The router is a netgear DG834G

mgmcc 11:08 29 Sep 09

See if my instructions for Vista click here help.

Cousins 19:12 03 Oct 09

Thanks for your help but at stage 5 I get network path not found

mgmcc 09:22 04 Oct 09

Have you set the printer as "shared" in XP and, if using a third-party firewall such as Zone Alarm, configured it to allow access to the Vista laptop?

It might also help to have at least one folder in XP set as "shared".

Cousins 13:08 04 Oct 09

The printer is set as shared in xp two folders are shared , the firewall is in kaspersky and I am trying to see where to set access for vista ?

Ollyolly 12:43 07 Oct 09

Cousins,
I've recently been through the same procedure as you, XP desktop, Vista laptop, DG834G router and Kaspersky.
I contacted Kaspersky and had to wait a week for a reply but their instructions sorted out the problem.
When I get home tonight I'll find them and post them here for you.

Ollyolly 19:21 07 Oct 09

Cousins,
I received the following text from Kaspersky. Try it out and see how you get on, it doesn't take long and it may solve your problem.

can you please open kaspersky

click settings -->click system security-->click settings next to firewall-->click network.

right click your network where it states Local or Public and make it trusted

Click ok then ok at the settings window.

then can you open ports:

Can you please double click the kaspersky icon

choose settings

choose network

select

untick ports 443, 80

apply and ok

Cousins 19:12 10 Oct 09

I can`t believe it Xp and vista are really talking to each other . We can print and share files and it was not the thought of MS .

Thanks a lot for all our help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…