XP to Vista help please

Bike-it 21:42 18 Jan 09

I am shortly going to transfer all my documents photos, browsers, Picasa 3 and Netgear setting from my old XP machine to a new Laptop running Vista, i bought a Tornado File Transfer Micro computer item but will it transfer Google chrome and all my favourite sites over to the new laptop and Picasa 3 with my current settings?

woodchip 21:56 18 Jan 09

You would be best doing this after Networking the two Computers using the Router, And Transfer Setting Wizard in Windows

Bike-it 22:02 18 Jan 09

The Tornado file transfer cable connects the two computers, allowing you to see all the files on both computers you then cut files from the old computer and paste them onto the new computer, but will it let me transfer Google chrome and my current favourite web sites, and Picasa 3 and my current settings, also my Netgear router settings.

MAJ 22:15 18 Jan 09

I don't use Chrome or Picasa, so I can't answer that part, but you should be able to save your router settings from within the router's configuration page. Usually they are saved as a CFG file. Having said that, your router settings wont change, they're stored in the router, not the PC.

Bike-it 22:17 18 Jan 09

Thanks MAJ,
now just waiting on an answer for the other two questions.

MAJ 22:37 18 Jan 09

Google Chrome. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced