XP User Profiles Problem

jc_ferrero 12:24 30 Jun 07

I'm having problems running certain games ever since creating a user profile and running XP under that.

It started off with just Administrator, which didn't require any login/ was automatic. Just testing things out, I made an admin profile for myself, and when I use this account I've had problems with games (e.g warping, frame skips, sluggish performance).

For some reason, when you make an account in XP, the default admin profile disappears. Is there any quick way to just revert back to how it originally was without reinstalling the OS?

Thank you for reading.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:45 30 Jun 07

System restore?

G

jc_ferrero 12:51 30 Jun 07

System restore is on. Can you please elaborate, I'm not sure if I'm getting what you mean or not

jc_ferrero 12:53 30 Jun 07

Never mind haha thanks

jc_ferrero 12:54 30 Jun 07

Ok, I'm really sorry I've replied three times so quickly, but there's not edit button here so I need to. If I run the system restore, will it remove my recent downloads?

Stuartli 13:05 30 Jun 07

See:

click here

Running System Restore will not remove downloads; in any case you can revert to the previous System Restore point if you wish.

jc_ferrero 13:09 30 Jun 07

I found it just after I posted, but it doesn't have a "User Profiles Created" restore point anywhere. I'm assuming that the other restore points won't fix the problem?

My computer came with an illegal copy of XP, so I can't download that program =(

Thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…