XP user info inaccurate?

Drum 18:19 20 Nov 05

A little query about the Windows operating system .....

I have a fairly new computer running windows XP home edition, and on going to > all programs> system tools> disk cleanup, there is a “ more options” tab in there, for remove installed programs.
The tool offers to advise you on program frequency use, to help you make a decision as to whether you should remove a given program. It lists each highlighted program with the category, Rarely, Occasionally or Frequently.

So far so good, but the trouble is on my computer, programs like MS word and Photoshop, which I use daily, are reported as being rarely i.e. seldom or never used?

The report gives a last used date which coincides with when I bought my computer.
I've searched the MS knowledge base to no avail, and am wondering if there is a reporting log system on my computer which has been switched off, but I have no idea what it is.
Any ideas?

VoG II 18:26 20 Nov 05
  Kenneth-266656 18:42 20 Nov 05

Follow the advice in VoG's link. You must know what programs you use and those you don't. Anyway unless you are very short of space what harm does it do if it activate on 'start up'.

Kenneth-266656 18:43 20 Nov 05

Should read 'what harm does it do if it doesn't activate on start up'

ade.h 18:57 20 Nov 05

That's not uncommon; I experience the same thing and just have to ignore it and assume that whatever it says is innaccurate.

Drum 10:21 21 Nov 05

WOW! Thanks folks great response, and a great link that, thanks VOG.
I'll follow the main consensus of opinion and just ignore it, as this new computer of mine has got a 200 GB hard drive and I can't see that getting filled up very quickly .
Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…