Xp user accounts muddle

trigger2 11:53 24 Jan 05

I hope this isn't too confusing, I have a new PC running XP (home), It seems to have ended up with two accounts, account ‘A’ is an administrator account which I can logon & off to but in Win explorer has the basic files & folders only, no user data & doc’s.
And account ‘B’ which does not appear in the accounts logon/off window,but is listed in explorer with all the data files & folders in it. (I assume it must have been created, had files placed in it and then been deleted as a logon account).
How can I restore/create account B’s logon/off account again? Explorer won’t let me rename/delete folder, it says it is the “system default folder & cannot be changed or deleted”, If I create a new account called ‘B’ it just makes a new user folder in explorer called ‘B(2)” Neither of the accounts have apparently been set up using a password. I want to end up with one account that has all the files & data that I can log on/off to, at present I have to logon to ‘A’ but with everything stored in ‘B’.
Help please!

2neat 12:34 24 Jan 05

use system restore. This should roll it back to a time when everything was ok.

gedr 13:28 24 Jan 05

I think using system restore is the best bet, providing there was a time when there was only one account, that's the date to roll back to.

gedr

trigger2 13:30 24 Jan 05

Unfortunately quite a few programs and have been loaded on & set up since, and i don't want to loose them or have to reload them all on again if i can avoid it.

wotbus@ 13:46 24 Jan 05

Have you tried XP's own assistance under Start > Help and Support > search Accounts? Loads of gen there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…