XP user accounts

woodchip 22:08 17 Feb 09

I need to remove user accounts on a XP Laptop so that both can log straight in to XP no Passwords there are two uses and one guest, Do I just delete the users or what

Strawballs 22:10 17 Feb 09

If guest is switched off and there is only one user with no password then the machine will boot straight into windows

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:53 17 Feb 09

Accounts options ---
To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quotations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

woodchip 23:01 17 Feb 09

Not the Welcome screen thats the Problem, its not My Laptop its a friends that I have just been up for my Tea, and they have two accounts with files hear there and every where. They just want to be able to switch on and go to any files. How can this be achieved? as I would think they may not be able to get to these files if things are changed. Its a Husband and Wife team, Someone set up the Laptop for them when they got it two years ago. But do not like this having to switch uses. They just want to be able to Switch on and get at Everything, as they have nothing to hide from each other.

See First post to how its setup for uses at the moment

woodchip 23:03 17 Feb 09

I think its a bit more involved than just Deleting Users

MAJ 00:44 18 Feb 09

Woodchip, IIRC, when a user is deleted in XP you are given the opportunity to save their files. It's been a while since I did it and I'm not on XP ATM to check, but it might be that it only saves the contents of their My Documents folder, so moving each user's files in there before deleting the account, might be the answer.

woodchip 18:55 18 Feb 09

MAJ
I was thinking on those lines. they would then need to take ownership of the files to open them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…