xp user account-administrator problem

wots it all about 22:02 26 Oct 05

Hello.
I want to create another user on my pc. I went to the user accounts in control panel etc, but when I try to add a user it will only let me make it an administrator and the limited user is greyed out. It says "you have to create at least one admin acct before you can create other accounts" but I AM already the administartor. When I went through with the wizard, it only showed the new user (as the administrator)on the welcome screen and my personal settings werent there so I had to do a sys restore.How do I create another user with limited access then? Any help gratefully received as usual.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:09 26 Oct 05

Are you loging in under your own name

or as the administrator?

wots it all about 22:12 26 Oct 05

I dont have to log in as I dont have a password, it just goes staright to windows desktop.

User-312386 22:15 26 Oct 05

go into safe mode and create an admin account and then you can do it

wots it all about 22:17 26 Oct 05

But I already have an admin account? If I create another will I lose all my settings as before?

wots it all about 23:45 26 Oct 05

Just tried to create another acct in safe mode, but same response- it creates one administrator account and none of my own current settings are available. any further advice please?

wots it all about 16:40 27 Oct 05

bump

Splork 16:57 27 Oct 05
  wots it all about 20:47 27 Oct 05

Great! I looked all over for that info, but couldnt find an exact match for the prob,thanks very much, will give it a go tomorrow, cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…