XP usb hub install

EKY1 12:15 12 Jul 07

Hi everyone hope you can help, Iam trying to install a Belkin usb hub this is the second one i have bought, but XP wont configure them, They are the plug in mains type, i have XP Home edition on a E4026 Machine Macafee anti virus, windows defender, A2 Squared, Spyware doctor, Windows Firwall,
Eky1

Andy1991 12:20 12 Jul 07

They should plug into the back of ur computer by USB, Nothing i think should happen, but just try plugging something in to the hub, and see if it works. If the problem is that they don't work in the hub, then right click "My Computer" on the start menu, then click "Properties", then go to the hardware tab, then click "Device manager", Then look for ur Hub in the list and see if there is a Yellow mark next to its icon, or a red one, if there is then double click it and read the big box in the middle of the new dialog, and that should describe ur problem.

EKY1 10:53 14 Jul 07

Thanks for the info andy but it didn't work there are no yellow or red markers in device manager, The usb plugs on the machine work fine but when i connect a hub it says there is a problem with your hardware and it may not work properly, It does not work at all.
Many thanks Eky1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 14 Jul 07

Refresh USB Ports
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

EKY1 09:29 17 Jul 07

Many thanks for your help it all makes sence, Just one thing i would like you to explain to me , I bought two Belkin hubs, XP wouldn't configure either, i bought a cheap hub form a pound shop and that one worked fine, I would just like to know why.
Eky1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced