XP USB Driver for FujiFilm F410

fitshase 21:32 02 Jul 04

I have a Fujifilm F410 camera with the cradle.

I installed the camera on the home machine (XP Pro). I plugged in the camera and it detected it as a USB Mass Storage Device. I inserted the CD and installed the driver. XP then recognised the camera when I switched it on.

I then installed it on my work machine running Windows 98. It installed the same drivers and it detected the camera.

However, when I download the photos on the work machine it works quick as a flash. If I have taken a few photos (say 3) totalling 1.5MB it downloads them in a few seconds.

On the XP machine it will take about 3 minutes.

What is wrong? I have uninstalled the drivers and the software and re-installed it all again but it still does the same thing.

Any advice is welcome.

Regards

Fitshase

jonnytub 21:35 02 Jul 04

driver here click here

fitshase 21:38 02 Jul 04

That's the driver I've installed and it is still doing the same.

Regards

Fitshase

jonnytub 21:45 02 Jul 04

same drivers as here ? click here

fitshase 22:27 02 Jul 04

Just tried those and still no joy - doing exactly the same thing.

I've also tried the drivers from the UK FujiFilm site and still no joy.

Even when I open the folder to view the files (as icons) it will show a couple and then it locks up.

I have just tried to download the some photos from the camera and it is now 3 minutes and it is not even 50% done (total of 6 photos).

I know that it is not the camera or the lead because it only happens on the XP machine.

It is really annoying!

Regards

Fitshase

Dazzledoc 23:17 02 Jul 04

I also have a Fuji F410. To save all the hassle why not get a USB memory card reader plus a XD to Smartmedia adapter (total of about £22 on eBay). The adapter is needed as the current card readers do not have a plug in for XD cards but work fine with the adapter that plugs into the Smartmedia slot. Now I just take the card out of the camera, plug it into the adapter/card reader and it shows up in my computer as a separate drive. Click to open the folder containing the photos and copy them to your hard drive. Simple.
You could even recoup your cost by selling the cradle - they seem to be going for at least £20 on eBay.

jonnytub 09:26 03 Jul 04

maybe dazzledoc's idea would be better, however maybe there are win2000 drivers out there which may solve the prob as xp isn't too fussy on these. Backup as usual incase all goes pear shaped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…