Xp upgrade or Xp full version ?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:03 26 Dec 03

Just a quick question when i upgraded to xp home with the upgrade disk,you need a full version of a windows OS to do it ok,but why then does it list Xp home full version as a version u need,if you had that you wouldnt be upgradeing would you?
So is there things in the full version you dont get with the upgrade?May be silly question but thought id ask lol.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:09 26 Dec 03

Sorry fot bieng a pain but another question i run AVG and now i dont get the boot menu showing up when xp starts like i did with 98 so is it still running and just not showing me? AVG is set to run bootup scan i checked.

Regards.

Djohn 14:10 26 Dec 03

Not a silly question at all. XP Home is listed as a qualifying O/S because you may be upgrading to XP Pro. But there are only a few facilities that you will gain from the upgrade. j.

Djohn 14:11 26 Dec 03

Boot menu for AVG is run from DOS. XP doesn't use DOS so we don't see that screen now. j.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:14 26 Dec 03

Answered brilliantly thx Djohn,merry xmas.

Regards.

Djohn 14:15 26 Dec 03

Merry Christmas  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË and a Happy new year. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…