XP unable to boot.

Blacki 10:27 21 Nov 08

Hi,
I have a pc that has win xp pro on it. Every now and then it won't boot. I get an error on the screen. Either boot from cd or disk error. I have done a full format and started loading all the updates after wards and it worked grand.
This morning i went to start it and i got the errors above. Also i got a bsod once with the code 0x0000008e.
Now if i plug the pc out from the wall and leave it overnight, sometimes it will work.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

chub_tor 10:51 21 Nov 08

This link click here seems to have the most comprehensive list of causes for your stop error. It refers to a couple of Microsoft papers as well which imply that it could be a RAM error, or an Update error, however the link will walk you through how to work our what is causing your error and inability to boot. It sounds like a driver problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…