XP and Twin monitors ?

Migwell 23:31 05 Mar 03

How do you configure the twin monitor setup in XP. I think somewere I read that you can use two graphics cards to do it, so how do you set this up.
I want to use one card for the monitor and the other for Video capture and video out to a VHS recorder and TV.

Terrahawk 23:44 05 Mar 03

you can use two moniters but i believe the second monitor is just an extension to your desk top
as is the case with mine
17inch monitor on voodoo3 card & 15inch monitor on onboard graphics very usefull if you need a few windows in view at the same time
i am not aware of a way to run them a seperate entities but someone may correct me

tarkus 00:19 06 Mar 03

to enable 2 monitors in win xp your best bet is to get a garapics card with twin monitor connections, like the matrox or ati radeon cards these will the give you the option of 1 large desk top spread over the 2 screens or you can specify separate resolutions for eash monitor, which will give you more options. once you start using 2 or more monitors you'll never want to go back to using only 1.

Migwell 15:43 06 Mar 03

I have 2 graphics cards. one is just a graphics card pure and simple the other is a video capture graphics card with vid in and vid out. The idea is to use the video out to record tutorials made in PowerPoint and some video that has been edited on the computer, this then all needs recording back onto VHS video tape on a standard household VHS vider recorder from the second graphics card. Question is how do I setup the two graphics cards? Any ideas please.

Migwell 23:19 06 Mar 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…