XP Taskbar Balloons

CDL 12:31 18 Apr 04

By right clicking the Quick Launch icons in the taskbar they can be renamed - although some refuse to change their names ! Others insist on displaying a full description of their function.
In the Notification Area I am unable to edit any of the pop up captions for any of the icons.

Does anybody know how to fully edit these two areas ?

Thanks.

CDL

scooby43 12:40 18 Apr 04

which ones wont rename can you give me an example?

CDL 13:17 18 Apr 04

Hello scooby43 !

I can't edit ANY in the notification area - don't know how to unfortunately. That's what I'm trying to find out how to do.

In the Quick Launch area I can rename the icons that I have added/created but I can't edit the text in Media Player or Inet Explorer for example

CDL

Eric10 13:31 18 Apr 04

Hi CDL, This isn't quite what you asked for but it does demonstrate some control over the Notification Area click here. I don't think that what you are asking is possible as these icons are placed there by the program concerned and control aspects of the program rather just opening them as is the case with the Quick Launch area.

CDL 14:48 18 Apr 04

Thanks Eric10.
Doesn't really give me the answer but I'll follow up the Reg key and see if I can edit from there.

CDL

scooby43 11:35 22 Apr 04

have you tried deleting the icon in the quick launch bar and re drag another one that you want?

scooby43 11:37 22 Apr 04

reagrding Eric10 post be sure to make a back up, of the registry before editing it.

CDL 20:24 24 Apr 04

Hi scooby43 !

Thank you ! That's the way to do it - a new shortcut; direct from the exe. file.

I'll have to live with those in the notification area !

CDL

scooby43 14:50 29 Apr 04

is this now resolved your welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…