XP Taskbar

staples printer cartridge 19:06 17 Nov 03

My kids have been fiddling with my pc and I have ended up with a double size taskbar. When I drag it down it disappears off the screen. I can resize it but it doubles again. It is not hidden in case anyone thinks that is the solution. Any ideas please?

powerless 19:08 17 Nov 03

When you reisze it, do you then "Lock the taskbar"?

staples printer cartridge 19:26 17 Nov 03

Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear. When I drag it down it disappears off the screen; I can then pull it back up but it doesn't go back to normal, it goes back to a double size chunky task bar. If I could get it the right size then I would lock it.

VoG II 20:11 17 Nov 03

Try dragging it down very gradually. If you do it too fast it will disappear.

staples printer cartridge 20:15 17 Nov 03

Didn't work, still disappears

BurrWalnut 20:20 17 Nov 03

Have you tried locking and/or unlocking it?

staples printer cartridge 22:08 17 Nov 03

There would be no point locking it as it is twice the size it should be. But yes I have tried it just to be sure.Thanks

VoG II 22:37 17 Nov 03

You are going to tell us that this didn't work either but just a thought.

Right click your fat taskbar and select Properties. On the Taskbar tab make sure that "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" is ticked. Then try again.

staples printer cartridge 06:51 18 Nov 03

Yeah, tried that too. No avail!

accord 07:50 18 Nov 03

when you drag it up down, does it go down in two stages,

i have mine set to double height and when i drag it down until it disapears, it goes down in two stages.

peter4076 08:03 18 Nov 03

Unusual problem, until some clever person comes up with a obvious solution you could try system restore and go to day when al was well with the slim taskbar. Best of Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…