XP System Shutdown

Dyffryn 08:29 03 Nov 03

Whilst using windows explorer I receive the following screen message and then have a count down of 60 seconds before my PC reboots. This does not occur whilst using Outlook Express. Any Ideas chaps because my blood pressure is a bit suspect! I am using XP Home

?System Shutdown? This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

?Message? Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly.

graham√ 08:32 03 Nov 03

Do you mean Internet Explorer?

muppetmark 09:01 03 Nov 03

you have the blaster worm or one of it's derivatives if you use the search function there are numerous threads on it's cure.

You need to get your updates for XP and also get and run stinger from click here

Dyffryn 19:54 05 Nov 03

Thanks 'muppetmark'you were right! Unfortunately that bloody virus wouldn't let me stay on the net long enough to down load the necessary files. I have had a friend do the honours for me on his machine and put them onto a CD. I have since installed the windows patch and 'stinger' and everything is running normal again. Thanks again for your professional help.
Kind regards, Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…