XP System Restore - wrong system drive

Laser157 12:02 10 Nov 05

I have done a rebuild of my computer and am setting it up with XP (previously used ME). I have 2 hard drives and after installing XP on one of them I decided I would prefer to use the other as my main boot drive.

They are both Seagate drives and I used Diskwizard to format the second drive and transfer the Windows installation to it . I then swapped the drives over. All went fine with one exception - System Restore.

System Restore still thinks the old drive is the system drive and will not work. It appears to make manual restore points, but they are not there. I tried to switch it on and off, but it had problems with the drive containing the old installation which it thinks is the system drive.

I guess this is due to Diskwizard not being able to copy the System Restore data across. I used the version of Diskwizard which works in Windows - as recommended by Seagate for XP, rather than the floppy/DOS method I have used in the past.

Has anyone had this problem and managed to get the new drive recognised by system restore as the system drive?

Laser157 14:37 10 Nov 05

Is anyone able to help with this?

Laser157 18:50 10 Nov 05

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…