XP System Restore won`t restore

Been having printer trouble and tried all methods I knew to solve problem but no luck.As a last resort tried System Restore 5 days earlier but although it went through the normal restore process at the end it said `Unable to restore,no changes have been made.`Anyone any ideas how I can overcome this problem?Thank in advance.

mattyc_92 11:33 16 Feb 05

This is because System Restore hasn't noticed a change in the Rigistry's Structure.... Personally, I don't use System Restore.... I have it active but use it as a last resort.... I try to keep a copy of my system on dvd or another partition at least one a week using Acronis True Image.... I used to use "Norton Goback", which is 10 times more powerful than system restore... BUt this slows your system down and takes up quite abit of space on your system...

I would try to uninstall the driver myself.... start->control pannel->add or remove programs and look for the driver.... If it isn't listed there, then go to start->prints and faxes and right-click the printer and select delete.... Restart the system and then re-install the printer....

mattyc_92 11:34 16 Feb 05

Rigistry's = Registry's...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017