XP System Restore v Norton GOBACK

david.h 17:57 14 Oct 04

Is either one of these any better than the other or can they work side by side.
Just got Sytemworks and not sure it its worth loading if I have XP system restore.

D G 18:16 14 Oct 04

when I installed go back on mine it wouldn't boot up I'm on xp, I don't know if anyone else encountered that problem DG

david.h 19:22 14 Oct 04

I have checked the handbook which says it is compatable with XP. The content of the users guide handbook is now poor compared tto their guides from a few years ago.

VoG II 19:26 14 Oct 04

You may have problems if you have installed SP2 click here

david.h 20:05 14 Oct 04

I have the 2005 version of Norton GOBACK, do you know anything about this new version.

VoG II 20:09 14 Oct 04

No but, as the MS article only mentions earlier versions, you should be OK.

A long time ago I had an ancient version of Go Back. I found that it was causing almost constant hard disk activity. As a result I took it off. Later, I learned that (apparently) the hard disk activity generally dies down but I never tried this.

D G 21:14 14 Oct 04

david.h the version I had was 2003, so maybe they've changed it. DG

david.h 04:59 15 Oct 04

I will load it next week still not sure if it will clash with system restore in xp or if I should delete that first.

mattyc_92 14:45 19 Nov 04

I am using the latest version of GoBack (GoBack V4). I think that this is the 2005 version of this product. I am running Windows XP Professional and GoBack works perfectly. I used to use the V3 Deluxe witch also worked perfectly. GoBack 4 allows you to create a "buffer" of up to 8Gbs on an NTFS formated drive. I have disabled System Restore because GoBack is much more powerful and can revert not just the system, but the exact way it was like, for example restore the system and ALL your files, personal Settings, Favourites exactly how it was say a day ago. This means that the computer will be like you haven't used it since that day or time of that day.
I recommend this program to virtually EVERYONE. All you need is a windows based operating system (OS) and a large hard disk (mine is 30Gbs). The installation takes around 10 minutes and you have to restart your system to enable GoBack.....

mattyc_92 14:48 19 Nov 04

I forgot to say that you can recover files and folders AFTER you revert your system and also recover certian files that you want, say a file called MyWork.doc to ANY directory on the system. It also has a password protection to stop people from reverting the system whn you don't want it to be reverted....

Danoh 15:17 19 Nov 04

Thanks mattyc_92. From what you say, I might even give it a try. Is it GoBack version 4 that comes bundled recently with NIS 2005?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…