XP System Restore - Loss of Restore Points

FCD 08:51 09 May 03

I have been running XP for several months and occasionally used system restore without problems. Last night, I used MSCONFIG to remove the boot up "welcome" screen[I then reverted to normal as it appeared to make little difference tp the timing]. I then found that I had "lost" all my system restore points - going to System Restore, I now only have one point - at the time I rebooted after using MSCONFIG for the last time; and the System Restore calender will not go to any earlier dates than 8 May. I should have points going back several months including several I set up when installing new programmes etc.

As far as I know, I have not deleted any points or cleaned up the System Restore files so would be grateful for any hints on what has happened.[Other than this the systen appears to be running normally]

Many thanks in advance.

billyliv 09:13 09 May 03

Hi, Check how much space you have allocated to system restore by opening system restore then clicking on the system restore settings. The less space allocated the less restore points that can be held. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…