XP System Restore gives Resoration Incomplete

ABBY12 20:56 05 Mar 03

I have somehow contrived a situation where the System Restore process ends with 'restoration incomplete' and I'm told that it can't restore to the chosen checkpoint (have tried several)- no explanation is given. The computer seems to work normally on continuing the re-boot each time. I've not had a problem with System Restore before.
I thought it necessary to use SR after the computer hung near the beginning of boot-up at a black-grey screen. After several seconds a page of advice appeared but by the time I'd collected papeer and pen to write it down, the boot-up resumed and seemed normal. I thought SR was probably needed ....and the problem was revealed.
Any ideas.

howard60 21:04 05 Mar 03

have not got system restore turned off. go to start - progs - accessories - system tools - system restore. see if all drives are switched on. This may seem trivial but I have found it turned off when expecting it to be on.

ABBY12 22:50 05 Mar 03

System Restore is turned on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…