Xp still freezes.

Bluescreen 19:50 17 Mar 03

My p.c still freezes if it is left alone for a few hours. It will only respond to a reboot. I have checked ram,H/D,drivers,temp and since it is a clean install with minimal software on board, I am stumped to know why it keeps on doing it. Could it be the mobo? It is a PC-Chips 841lmr. I know alot of people have concerns about pc chips but a few friends of mine have used these and said they were very reliable.Does my freezing sound like mobo?

In 'event viewer' the error message is...'Source IPNATHLP.....The network address translator was unable to request an operation of the kernal mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient system resource or an internal error. Error code IF00 00 00.

Can anyone help?

Dave

Giggle n' Bits 19:54 17 Mar 03

for running XP O/s, underated PSU, Please post back with a more detailed SPeC of your computer.

I have a feeling your running a AMD Athlon, with SDRAM and not DDR and also a underated PSU suitable for a Intel not AMD ?

Bluescreen 20:05 17 Mar 03

Nightchip

I have a..

Athlon 1800xp
512 ddrsdram 2100. (tried swopping them about)
CPU Temp at 38c, case at 29c
PC World 300w PSU(seems ok)
On board vga and snd.
Diamond modem.
Burner with Nero.

Could be PSU or maybe a bios flash needed, but when checked it was up to date.

Does this help? It is more stable when I have the FSB set at 100MHz. Does that give any clues?

JoeC 20:47 17 Mar 03

click here=

and

click here

they might be of some help. : }

JoeC 20:50 17 Mar 03

Second link should be

click here

Bluescreen 21:02 17 Mar 03

JoeC.

Thanks very much. You have found my error but how do I turn it off as It says below.!!

Dave

Network Address Translation Mapping Is Not Successful and an Event ID 32003 Is Logged
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server

This article was previously published under Q293497
SYMPTOMS
After you configure one-to-one address mapping in the Network Address Translation (NAT) in the Routing and Remote Access service, the client computers that are not included in the NAT may be unable to access the computer on the private network and the following error is logged to the System event log on the NAT server:

Event ID: 32003
Source: Ipnathlp
The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.
CAUSE
This problem can occur if your NAT address pool is configured so that the start address is the same as the end address and the mask is 255.255.255.255, for example:

Start address: 1.1.1.1
Mask: 255.255.255.255
End address: 1.1.1.1
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, change the mask of the address pool to the subnet mask that the external network uses.
STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

JoeC 21:17 17 Mar 03

than my knowledge goes !! I did find this on a tech guys website though:-

Win XP error log
Q. Fleur writes: For the past month my error log (Win XP) has shown this message:
SOURCE = ipnathlp The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources or an internal error. The data is the error code.

Looks as if this error will show up indefinitely unless I make a correction. Can you help please?

A. My first action here would be the usual "Over installation" to rectify problem. This generally will fix most problems and the majority of users can easily perform this task. I have detailed this process several times for other questions.

When it comes to XP, the best thing to do is to use the 'Restore' feature under 'Start'>Programs>Accessories>System Tools. You are supposed to be able to restore back to any point without losing any data as such (according to Microsoft, and so far that has been true) but I will not guarantee that.

Also, you should be able to repair the system by starting the computer on CD and follow the steps through, but I have to admit it is not for the novice user.

Again, you can also check the fine details of the error by 'double-clicking' onto the actual error header to get the full details of the problem. This may put some more light on the problem.

Quite frankly, these sorts of problems are not best handled or sorted in this manner. Onsite service is recommended; or take it to a technician. Obviously it has to do with the network component but it is hard to pin point the cause by a very brief problem description.

Bluescreen 21:22 17 Mar 03

Joec.

Thanks for all your help.

Bluescreen 10:46 20 Mar 03

Still no luck. Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Dave

©®@$ђ 10:59 20 Mar 03

DNS problem

©®@$ђ 11:10 20 Mar 03

have you got ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) enabled on one of your
network interfaces.

Disable it (i.e. turn it off in the properties of the shared network
interface) and then re-enable it if you need to share it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…