xp start programs

bigray 06:00 01 Oct 03

any one know how can I organise programs, to put them in folders on start/programs/ in window XP, ie put all graphic programs in a folder, all games in a folder, etc, thanks. in win 98 easy but xp

terminus 06:54 01 Oct 03

for start up programs press start, then run,
if needed type in ...msconfig, and press the start up option.
That will show you what programs are in their, but take care, in what/if you delete.
For the other folders open the My Documents folder on the desktop, create folders at will easily from there, if required.

terminus 07:10 01 Oct 03

If you send material to My Documents you can drag, and drop into various folders. I hope this is of some use.

m

Jester2K II 07:23 01 Oct 03

It just as easy in XP too...

click here

bigray 08:08 01 Oct 03

thanks to all, but followed jester2k 11 posting, close, but still could not see all programs in menu

Jester2K II 08:15 01 Oct 03

Are you logged in as an adminsitrator?

Its not called All Programs on the folder list.

Look under

C:\Documents and Settings\<your log in name>\Start Menu\Programs

amd

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

Jester2K II 08:18 01 Oct 03

If you have other users look under there names too.

Each Log In Name and All User folder will have a Desktop folder and a Start Menu folder. Change the folder structure under the Start Menu to change how you want to see it on the Start Menu.

Alternatively open the start menu and try right clicking the start menu itself and create a new folder. Then drag and drop the icons around.

bigray 08:25 01 Oct 03

thanks Jester2K II, now sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…