xp start up problem

geordiebloke 11:18 25 Aug 05

Hi all,
I'm having a problem getting my pc to boot properly. All seems fine until after the xp logo when all goes blank and the pc tries to reboot ending in a message apologising for the inconvenience but Windows failed to start properly and the options to start in safe mode,last known good configeration etc.
I'm able to start in safe mode and use system restore to get the pc running but after shutdown and power off I get the same problem on the next startup!! Any ideas??

woodchip 11:27 25 Aug 05

From the list try starting in Safe Mode, if you get into windows go to Start\Run type MSCONGFIG then Startup Tab remove program ticks from box's try a restart, DO NOT GO ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT Anti-Virus running or Firwall. If it starts, you need to load a tick back in the above one at a time then try restart, until you find the problem as I think it's a Driver problem.

PS when it restarts after doing changes in Msconfig you get a box pop up to stop it, you have to put a tick in the little box when You have got the problem sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…