XP Start problem

Stevie07 13:55 30 Mar 04

After the initial boot I am presented with the screen showing my four accounts for family members. After I log on to my account there is a monumnetal pause before it starts up. I have tried it with/without Norton antivirus/firewall and still the same. Any ideas welcome thanks all.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:58 30 Mar 04

With a lot of accounts xp has to set the settings for each accout so depending on how each user has modifed the log on and desktop files and folders the startup may be different for each user,you could try emptying the Temp folder and running disk cleanup to get rid of things you dont need.

Regards.

V1PER 14:02 30 Mar 04

If it is taking a while for xp to load you may have to many items being loaded up at startup, to specifiy what you want starting up thi can be accessed and contolled by going to start>run> type "msconfig" and then to the six tab labelled startup, here you can see what programs are being loaded at startup you can now tick off boxes to select what starts up. hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…