XP Start Up

bswatts 21:35 29 Jan 04

Why, oh, why, does my XP 'break down' at start up and insist on going through a 25 seccond countdown, then again and again and agein until I start up in 'Safe mode' and then 'Restore' every other day???
Most annoyed
hope someone has the answer.
Thanks

VoG II 21:39 29 Jan 04

What exactly happens - messages, errors etc?

furryboo 21:50 29 Jan 04

Had this problem for the first time last weekend, took it to a local shop(Linktec), turned out i needed to reinstall XP complete with service pack 1. Even though i had run XP for over a year and had downloaded all the updates etc. Also had a confrontation between XP and Quick Time, they sorted that out as well.

VoG II 14:29 30 Jan 04

via e-mail

Thanks for rwply There are no error messages, just the usual start up screens (black and white. XL then starts to load and after a couple of times of the green bars crossing the header, the screen blanksout and it all starts agin and there is a 25 second wait each time. this mirning, for example, the only way to get started was to go into 'restore'.

=======================================

Please respond by replying to the thread, not by e-mail.

click here may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…