XP SP3 RC1 not available

sunny staines 05:24 12 Dec 07

click here

god morning those that are up early on this frosty morning.

sunny staines 05:25 12 Dec 07

should read "now" its too early for my head

jimv7 13:27 12 Dec 07

Thanks, downloaded and installed, no apparent problems.

sunny staines 13:54 12 Dec 07

ok this end too

johndrew 14:09 12 Dec 07

Being very wary of beta items and similar, is this really safe to use or should I simply sit back and wait for the `formal` issue?

sunny staines 15:36 12 Dec 07

with beta there is always a risk, ok so far on my pc.

cocteau48 16:16 12 Dec 07

I think I will hang fire on this one at the moment.
The MajorGeeks blurb says it includes all previously released updates - surely I have these already - accumulated over the months.
336 Mb is a hell of a size just for a small number of new functionalities."which do not significantly change customers experience with the operating system."(Quote)
I would assume that if I were to download this off the Microsoft site when the final release is available it will/may only select the new or missing items rather than the whole shebang!

Stuartli 16:21 12 Dec 07

The Vista Service Pack Release Candidate is also on offer:

click here

johndrew 16:38 12 Dec 07

Thanks. Given my feelings about beta releases and the size of this, I shall wait.

sunny staines 17:12 12 Dec 07

I downloaded to desktop first just short of 6 mins, using the florida download on major geeks.[have broadband and DAP for quicker downloads]

VoG II 20:08 12 Dec 07

All done and dusted - thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…