xp sp3 query

sunny staines 01:57 24 Apr 08

i have just moved to vista.
but help out a few pensioners on xp, does sp3 final contain sp1 & sp2 or just post sp2?

Gandalph 02:13 24 Apr 08

As far as I understand, SP3 is for XP only and not intended for Vista. There has been an Vista SP1 release recently.

Gandalph 02:16 24 Apr 08

Sorry, just read your post again. It's late and I'm due for my peeps. The SP3 installation must have at least SP1 installed. It doesn't really need SP2 to be installed as the new release will cover the previous security updates.

dodojanik 08:04 24 Apr 08

i moved to vista a week ago and today i am moving back to xp, cause the vista is an unbelievable piece of s..t. how can microsoft ask 100£ for thar crap software???they sould all go to jail...only this morning i had to do 3 times a hard restart on my pc.

Andsome 08:25 24 Apr 08

I would be VERY wary of installing such a massive update until the dust has settled, and experienced users have reported back. It will be absolutely essential to scan with more than one program for any potential Malware before installation, and also to run a full anti virus scan. It will be of NO use at all in trying to install this update to an infected computer. They could also do with having a full back up in Acronis or similar in case of problems.

sunny staines 14:55 24 Apr 08

dodojanik

overall i like it, the pc is quicker all round [did double ram from ig to 2g] sorting out some minor bits still but overall i like it. 3 year old liteon dvd writer not compatible biggest disappointment and the password in outlook 2002 does not stick.

Stuartli 15:45 24 Apr 08

I've installed SP3 Final today after running SP3 RC2 since its launch.

RC2 ran as smoothly as you could wish and, so far, indications are the same for SP3 Final.

Seth Haniel 16:10 24 Apr 08

Windows XP; Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 24 Apr 08
  sunny staines 19:07 24 Apr 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\ thanks for the link and thanks to others for the imput.

PaulB2005 19:48 24 Apr 08

Can i ask where some people got SP3 Final from. One source (Guru3D) changed their description later today to SP3 RC1 (the readme file in it is from SP2)

MajorGeeks say they have the SP3 Final release and I'm re-downloading both to compare.

How would you prove / know you had the SP3 Final and not a RCx?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…