XP SP3 Now avaiable from Windows Update

MIke 19:19 06 May 08

Hi

I've just visited Windows update site and it's offering me SP3.

Downloading as I type

Zak 19:52 06 May 08

You may wish to review this article before updating to SP3.

click here

It is suggested that you uninstall IE7 first and then update to SP3 and then reinstall IE7.

This way you will still have IE7 in Add/Remove and be able to go back to IE6 with latest updates.

MIke 20:25 06 May 08

Download failed anyway!

Technotiger 20:32 06 May 08

As far as I know the Microsoft Updates final version of SP3, is due on 10th June.

johndrew 20:42 06 May 08

SP3 just downloaded and installed. Funny way of doing it, I had a Wizard start to lead me through it at the same time as it was installing from the Update site.

When all was finished I checked on the status and found one successful download and one failure for it.

Took a little over 30 mins for the whole process but when I rebooted it looked really weird as it told me to wait several times and when the Desktop finally opened there were two Command Prompt screens running.

Hopefully it will load better next time as this time it was much slower than with SP2; perhaps it was just sorting itself out??

I backed everything up and created a Restore point before installing SP3 so if all else fails ......

MIke 20:59 06 May 08

Just tried Windows Update site again, it failed yet again. I only get as far as accepting the licence agreement. Maybe automatic update will do a better job

sharpamat 21:03 06 May 08

after reading this I used system restore to pre SP3 then unstalled IE7.

SP3 is on offer from the update site but not with the option to save only download and install

powerless 21:15 06 May 08

You can download a few bits including Standalone SP3 and even a CD image which is coming down the tube as I type: click here

wis 21:22 06 May 08

zak
many thanks your info did try to install glad it
failed , i think ill hold off on this for a few days, my auto up dates is off off off

cocteau48 21:54 06 May 08

Well I downloaded SP3 RC2 using the registry script some weeks ago - total of 65MB
Since then nothing specifically relevant to SP3. (tonights update was a definition file update for Windows Defender)

woodchip 22:00 06 May 08

I loaded it not from your link, ut I lost all my printers Print Spooler was not loading So i removed SP3. And back to working. Typical MS to me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…