XP SP3 Final @ MajorGeeks

brundle 21:12 23 Apr 08

I did check to see if this had been posted already today but couldn't find anything...click here

birdface 21:15 23 Apr 08

May Thanks.I will download it a bit later as my computer is running a bit slow at the moment.

birdface 21:22 23 Apr 08

Got a bit impatient so decided to download it.44hours it was going to take.So I take it the browser might be a bit busy.So will leave it till some other time.Having a few problems with my computer so it may be my fault.

brundle 21:27 23 Apr 08

2 hours here, speed is pretty low I agree.

kdt 21:53 23 Apr 08

why waste time RTM out around 29th April? Next week.

cocteau48 22:14 23 Apr 08

ALLO ALLO!....I shall say this only once ... coz I'm getting tired of saying it!
This 300+ mb download contains everything since SP2.
All critical updates for all aspects of Windows.
If you have been keeping your updates ... up to date ... you will already have the vast majority of it and some of it may even be for things which you do not even have installed.
Wait and let windows update decide what is relevant to your system... it will be a fraction of 300+Mb.
You are just wasting time and effort downloading the whole lot.
There you are ... that feels better .. I've got that off my chest!!

Stuartli 23:44 23 Apr 08

44 hours....:-)))

I downloaded the SP3 RC2 336MB package using my usual FreshDownload download manager in around seven to eight minutes......:-)

I'm with TalkTalk by the way....

DieSse 23:57 23 Apr 08

"...coz I'm getting tired of saying it!"

Me too. What's the panic - let the dust settle - avoid the rush - whatever.

Just wait. Do it in May sometime, when it will have been shaken down a bit more thoroughly, and you can get just the bits you need via Windows Update.

Graham. 00:24 24 Apr 08

It's late, so I agree with everyone.

Rob_08 01:02 24 Apr 08

Works fine. (so far) Imaged prior to install !

Taff™ 01:15 24 Apr 08

Mini Download manager timed out after 30 minutes - I agree with Graham.!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…