XP SP3 Download

Ronnie268 17:33 13 May 08

I have an XP Pro SP2 running. I went on Microsoft Update and it came up with SP3. I selected d/load and install. It went on to preparing to download, finished that, then completely stalled on downloading. I do not have a particularly slow connection (got broadband 1MBit/s). Is there a problem with windows update and SP3? I've tried several times.

Ronnie268 17:34 13 May 08

Is there a full version download that works? I've tried softpedia and Microsoft.com and they download a 277byte file that does nothing.

Re updates..are you sure its completely stalled,On the last machine i updated it appeared to stall at the stage you describe for quite a while but eventually went through the process.It takes roughly 40 mins to an hour to complete.
Ive also used this on one machine XP SP3 final.
click here
Ps.
There are quite a few threads around where users have experienced problems.So update or not is a judgement call you will need to make.

Sea Urchin 19:13 13 May 08

As *Raven" suggests there are a number of places where it seems to have "frozen" for some time, but in fact on my download it continued in its own good time. It should tell you at the beginning (from Windows Update) how long it will take - mine said 29 mins and it took 28. For at least 15 mins of that it seemed to stall.

Ronnie268 19:18 13 May 08

Uh oh. Mine said 4722 years.....................
.......then stalled. Have downloaded a stand-alone version.

Happy37 09:17 14 May 08

Ronnie268

Please have a look at my thread:-

click here

I actually also used the standalone version of SP3 to install on my PCs, yet I did this in Safe Moade as you will see from my post.

Please let us know how it goes and whether you have any problems or not. Good luck.

Regards

magnus35 16:25 14 May 08

I downloaded it from microsoft updates without any problems today - took about 40 minutes .
Only beef is it said download was around 66Mb but 1.6Gb of disc space was used up .

Ronnie268 17:39 17 May 08

Used microsoft update again. Worked fine. Thanx for replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac