XP-SP3 and critical upgrade won't install

My laptop remained unconnected to the web for about a year so, lately, I downloaded all upgrades from Microsoft including SP3. However, it won't install itself at all like other "critical upgrades". On top of that, since I downloaded these, I cannot open Word anymore.

mocha 01:51 28 Dec 08

Hi SKhann,

Have you manually downloaded these updates or did you let windows automatically download them for you?

See if this resolves your problem.

click here

In fact, Bitdefender did it for me. Then, I went on Microsoft's "help and support". When I download the list of all upgrades installed on my computer, Microsoft says there was an error called 0x802442000. I must uninstall and reinstall but it takes ages. Also, the failed installations are not at all about Office (none of the Office programmes opens) so I don't think the problem of not being able to open Office programmes comes from the failure of installations. When I try to open one of the Office programmes (Word, Excel, Access), I get a message that says "memory cannot be read - please click OK if you want to terminate or click xxxx to debug". I click on xxx to debug but it doesn't debug.

Terry Brown 15:15 04 Jan 09

If you have the original Offic CD(s), try re-installing office.

I found that XP3 interferred with my Video recording (Converting VCR to CDs) , and have back to XP2

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017