XP SP3

Splodge 14:58 29 Apr 08

Just to let the members know that XP SP3 is available for download from the ZDNET site as under.

They have tested it and found it OK.

I am halfway through downloading but intend to run all my security programs and back up before I run mine!

click here

Good Luck!

igk 15:12 29 Apr 08

Good luck with it, on a personal note from what I have read here and other places I am not going to touch it, I don't trust M$ and would not put it past them to include some sort of terminating/count down software in it to force people to get the dreaded Vista!! as soon as support ends for XP I will be moving over to Linux full time as I do not use the pc for games..
Hint to graphics card makers and games programmers start getting your act together with Linux and you will be rewarded...

woodchip 15:19 29 Apr 08

In the Process of Loading it on 3 Computers I downloaded it yesterday and loaded it to a CD

Stuartli 17:34 29 Apr 08

Links to SP3 Final have been posted on several occasions already...:-)

I was using SP3 RC3 previously without any problems and it's the same with SP3 Final.

Rob_08 17:43 29 Apr 08

SP3 final is very good. Even notice a slight performance increase in XP even on my fast pc.
I recommend it.

Splodge 18:11 29 Apr 08

Thanks for the responses!

I have installed and it appears to work.. thats all I can say at present. I backed up first, of course, to my external drive and will be copying to a disk as soon as I leave here!

I still have all the Beta offerings even though they are useless!

igk; I understand that Microsoft may extend XP and then launch straight into Windows7 because of the tepid response to Vista. Which, by the way, I beta tested and dismissed on this forum!

Sorry to others, I have been checking Microsoft's site for this download but must have missed its' introduction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…