XP SP2 and Window Media Player

Scrivers 12:14 05 Sep 04

I've just downloaded and installed XP SP2. One glitch that I have is with Windows Media Player. When playing a video, if I click on the progress slider the volume increases to maximum by itself. Anyone had a similar experience and if so do you have a fix for it.

Stuartli 13:18 05 Sep 04

If you go to View>Enhancements and then select Cross Fading and Auto Volume Levelling in the panel (use the left or right arrow) this may be the cause of your problem. AVL may be set to Automatic.

By the way this refers to Windows Media Player 10 - I'm not sure if it was included, or something similar, in WMP9 as it was not a feature I used.

Cook2 15:49 05 Sep 04

No problems at all with XP SP2 and Media Player 10. Although the first time I used MP10 after installing SP2 it took longer than usual to start. No problems from then on.

Cook2 15:49 05 Sep 04

No problems at all with XP SP2 and Media Player 10. Although the first time I used MP10 after installing SP2 it took longer than usual to start. No problems from then on.

Baslla321 16:00 05 Sep 04

I have also just installed XP SP2 and my Media player is 9 series. When I asked for update it says no update version is available at this time. Is it still Beta??

Stuartli 17:25 05 Sep 04

Full (just released) 12.7MB version of WMP10 here:

click here

Took me just over half-an-hour on dialup...:-)

Also downloaded the new Energy Bliss visualisation.

However, you don't seem to carry over the audio CD playlists from WMP9 obtained over the web (I installed WMP10 over 9), but I haven't read all the Help info yet.

Stuartli 17:36 05 Sep 04

MS help/trouble shooting pages for WMP 10 at:

click here

Stuartli 09:03 06 Sep 04

The playlists are carried over - I had used an older audio CD without the track information etc and never previously installed the playlist from the web database.

Baslla321 11:42 06 Sep 04

I have downloaded MP10 plus the Energy Bliss Visualisation BUT I do not know how to get these visualizations to come on !!!! Can u help please?

Baslla321 12:22 06 Sep 04

Just to say that I have now managed to get them. Thanks just the same.

ventanas 12:27 06 Sep 04

How did you do it? I can't load it either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…