XP SP2 problem..can't access internet

Shorty123 11:48 16 Dec 04

My stepfather finally finished downloading and installing SP2 yesterday and on re-booting has lots of problems. The cursor has a life of its own, wanders over the whole screen (mainly in straight lines vertical and horizontal) and on connecting (dial-up) to internet cannot access any pages - gets the "page not available" screen. Also cannot connect to outlook express - just gets error up saying cannot find server. He is with onetel ISP. I did him a system restore to before SP2 installed and all is well but he wants SP2. Any advice please? Thanks.

Technotiger 11:52 16 Dec 04

Hi, probably not the answer you are looking for - but, when ready to re-install SP2 it would be easier to get hold of sp2 on cd and reinstall from that, rather than download; can be found on some PC Mags.

Graham ® 11:54 16 Dec 04

And PCWorld, Dixons...

Have a look on the XP SP2 forum for similar problems.

Shorty123 12:02 16 Dec 04

Thanks, I'll try re-installing it for him (think I have a cd)and see what happens. I'll tick this a sresolved and start a new thread if the problems recur. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…