XP with SP2 Dual Monitor Use

magc 08:05 09 Dec 04

I have Sony FX705 Laptop and want to use second external monitor. Works fine during startup and in safe mode but not in normal.

Effect is that as I move mouse pointer it dissapears of edge of one monitor and appears on other. External monitor has only a background, no icons etc. The monitors are correctly identified as 1 & 2 when identify pushed. Troubleshooter says this may be because I have monitors in "wrong order". I have tried moving the monitor representations around the setup box but this does not help - HELP!

paranomia 11:38 10 Dec 04

Erm... isn't that the way it should be? That is how my HP laptop works. Effectively the two monitors show a view of one double-sized screen with the icons stacked on the left side.
If I want to use excel on the left screen (laptop) I simply launch the programme. Then if I want Word on the external screen, I launch Word then drag it into the second screen. Then I have both programmes working on separate screens.
If this isn't the way it should work, I would like to know the answer too! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009