XP SP2 amd XP Pro

DTM 15:27 23 Aug 04

I have managed to get SP2 installed on my XP Home laptop through automatic updates. So far all is well even with Norton Internet Security etc.

I have now decided to try it on one of my XP Pro machines. However, can you use automatic updates to install on an XP Pro machine? I keep telling the machine to update, I set a time, the time goes by and nothing happens. This has happened over and over again.

Can the installer be downloaded (and yes I do know next months PC Advisor has a CD of it).

Urotsukidoji 15:33 23 Aug 04

yes its available on the ms website, its the network version, and its 256 megs in size.

took me about an hour, whilst running games etc to d/l

have fun!

pc moron 15:44 23 Aug 04

You can get here click here

DTM 15:57 23 Aug 04

Excellent, thank you both for your help. This will save me some time since I have several machines to do.

Djohn 16:14 23 Aug 04

The correct version for XP Pro. will be available for download through Auto update from the 25th. Much better to wait another 2 days as your PC will be scanned and only the required files will be downloaded.

All other sites offering the download at the moment are unofficial or the ones that have the early release that was made available to BETA testers as a way of saying thank you for the testing. j.

DTM 16:18 23 Aug 04

Thanks Djohn. Worth waiting since my machines are all up to date with MS patches so should be a relatively small download.

ensonricky 16:20 23 Aug 04

Available on XP pro from 25/8/04 for those of whom patience is a virtue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…