XP SP2

Jackcoms 15:30 18 Aug 04

OK, where is it?

I understood (from various posts in this forum) that XP SP2 was due to be released today.

I've visited the Windows Update site throughout the day and although it now redirects you to V5.windowsupdate it's still not available.

Is it really going to to be released (or escape) today??

rawprawn 16:13 18 Aug 04

If you are on broadband you can download it here, save it to disc first so that you can put a copy on CD for use later if needed. If you only want the shortened version for 1 computer you will have to wait. There will be some incorporated in the free CD's given away with PC Mags in November issues. Failing that you will be able to order it from Microsoft on a CD in about 2 to 6 weeks.

€dstowe 16:14 18 Aug 04

Don't panic.

Your computer will continue to work without it and the visible difference it makes is negligible.

Alan Ryan 16:21 18 Aug 04

Why not wait a while - until some dust has settled and the expected problems have been examined and, who knows, even solved. You can always, as rawprawn says, get a free CD in a few weeks and might avoid some hassles in the meantime.

Easterner 22:54 18 Aug 04

Will the CD be available to UK people?

I seem to remember that at one time there was a problem where MS used to say that the CDs for updates would be available and then when people tried to get them said that this was only for the good ole US of A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…